Friday, August 21, 2009

Declaration of Independence

Today, I declare that I am putting my foot down, that I absolutely refuse, that I will no longer bare…………….to do both your laundry and make your dinner. I am standing on my feminine principles and there is nothing you can do about it!

Now, you may argue that I don’t actually do the laundry, but get it sent out AND that I don’t exactly cook dinner but order in.

And, do you know what I have to say to that?

Technicalities Shmecknacalities!

You will not change my mind on this- Hubby.

Because, ladies, we all know what’s going on here. This is where it starts; this is where they get us into those lace aprons and high heels, and then bare foot and pregnant- and there is no turning back from that.

After a long day of looking for jobs on the internet, all I want to do is to crawl up with a good show and unwind! Is that too much to ask?

But no, I have to make sure he has clean socks for work tomorrow (as if you just have to wear socks) and I have to make sure there is food on the table

…………SHIT I just burnt the pizza I was reheating in the oven- There goes another dinner- why do I even try?

No comments:

Post a Comment